Buildfarm build_test script on an embedded device.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Oct 5 15:11:52 MDT 2011

I've looked at the Beagleboard.  I think Kai has one.  It would be more
powerful, certainly, than the Dockstar I'm running.  The Ethernet NIC
shouldn't be a problem.

I would *not* recommend that you buy one just for this purpose.  If you have
other reasons to get one, or you have one already, it would be very
interesting to me to see what results you get.

If you want to give it a try, you could follow the instructions here:

  ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/unpacked/build_farm/web/instructions.html

Skip mailing the build farm maintainers.  The key thing is to download and
run the build_test script in a directory that you can scrub later.  I used
an external USB drive as a location for building.  I also set aside a
partition as swap space.  Swap is recommended, since I do not know how much
RAM the build actually requires.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org