To release Samba 4.0 'as is'

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 14:54:32 MST 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 14:23, Michael Croes <mycroes at gmail.com> wrote:

> I totally agree on points made by people against a Samba 4 release soon. It
> will probably result in similar situations as have occured with Gnome 3 and
> KDE 4.

+1, this was my first thought when I read the announcement (RFC?).  When
you release a dot-oh, people expect it to be fully functional and
integrated.  This brought KDE to its knees until about 4.6 or 4.7 when it
was ready for a 4.0 release.  For better or worse, people rely on version
numbers to convey the status of a release.

--
Peace and Blessings,
-Scott.