samba4 kerberos process suddenly dies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 16 02:19:18 MST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 19:12 +0100, Andreas Oster wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have successfully migrated an old Win2000 AD to a Samba4 system.
> Unfortunately after some hours port 88 (kerberos process) on both
> of my samba4 DCs suddenly dies and a restart of the samba service
> is required.
>
> I am using latest Ubuntu server (11.10) and have built samba from
> the current git (4.0.0alpha18-GIT-a354758).
>
> As I have no clue why this is happening I will attach a part of the
> log file and hope someone can help me with this issue.

This is most odd.  The first thing we need to do is run with -d5,

The best way to start debugging this, as I cannot see the process
exiting normally, is to run it as:

gdb --args samba -i -M single

break _exit
break exit

That we hope will trap the process exit, then run 'bt full' to help
track down the culprit.

(This is quite unusual, if the exit was abnormal, it would typically
print to the logs).