patches for time limited getncchanges

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Nov 14 12:47:54 MST 2011

Hi Matthieu,

> I'm planning to push tomorrow my patches for the isRecycled and for time
> limited getncchanges.

Which is the exact branch?

> The latter ones received a review from tridge, and for the first one
> it's from you.

Why did you already pushed
https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=b8a077296ac666cf45cafe7e86edc390dce0e511
I asked you to use "TRUE" and "FALSE" together with strncmp().

Also I'd expected that you push this together with the rest of
isRecycled patches.

> I decided not to include the patch
> http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=commit;h=cf1ba1db88311cf3cb97cb5ffc833036be5f0850
>
> about the sorting or the lack of sorting for the base DN.
>
> I think it's worthwhile not to sort as we can cope with it and my tests
> with windows has shown that windows can cope too.
> It saves us a big sort that can costly on a big amount of objects, but I
> don't want to delay too much my patches for something that is not
> currently critical.
>
> Then branch I plan to push is at
> http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=commit;h=cf1ba1db88311cf3cb97cb5ffc833036be5f0850.

That's a commit url not a branch.

> If no objection I'll push it.

Please don't push.

https://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=cf1ba1db88311cf3cb97cb5ffc833036be5f0850
is wrong, it means we'd crash as changes is uninitialized.

Also, I still think we should always sort.

metze