waf: convert NDR_NBT into shared library.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 9 16:40:58 MST 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 20:09 +0100, Günther Deschner wrote:
> 6e670739003fc522b02327d033dc03fec13d3c29
> waf: convert NDR_NBT into shared library.

I'm curious about this, because I like to keep an idea of how folks are
using Samba's public interfaces:  What are your plans for using the nbt
and cldap netlogon layer in a public library?

I'm also wondering why you needed

> 2ecd50116c22536f9a77131bc14a64915a2fc12e
> librpc: remove nbt dependency to samr.

I agree that the account flags (like the account name) here is pretty
pointless, but it is nice to have them show up as account flags in
ndrdump etc (I'm not sure if wireshark uses them for this file, but
elsewhere that is also important).  Presumably something made you remove
this, what was it?

Anyway, I'm not objecting to the change, just curious to understand the
background properly.