Joining W2k AD domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 8 14:28:28 MST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 13:10 -0500, Dave Hawkes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is any progress on fixing the issues mentioned
> in this post relating to joining an existing w2k ad domain?
>
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-September/079244.html
>
> I did a quick scan in the repository and could not find anything that
> specifically addressed this.

I'm sorry, I never got a chance to fix that, and it got caught up in the
run-up to our annual event with Microsoft, where we were working on
multi-domain support.

The tasks to fix this (in case someone else wishes to take this on) are:
 - sort out the fetching of the error code (probably per the patch)
 - use SAMR to set the password on the account if we cannot set it over
LDAP (ie, catch the exception and retry with samr using the python
bindings).