Duplicate symbols progress

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 4 05:42:46 MDT 2011

Jeremy,

I've continued to work on our duplicate symbols list, and pushed it to
my merge-test branch:

http://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/merge-test

I have reduced it to:

d_fprintf
d_printf
d_vfprintf
get_friendly_nt_error_msg
map_nt_error_from_unix
nt_errstr

the d_ functions rely on loadparm, the get_freindly_nt_error_msg() and
nt_errstr() rely on talloc_tos(), and map_nt_error_from_unix just needs
further attention to unify the relevant tables.

This is an important milestone, as the remaining functions share an API,
ABI and largely their intent and behaviour, so they shouldn't cause
crashes if 'incorrectly' selected.

This includes the server_id changes that I'm still working out with
Volker.  Today I've just focussed on the other less difficult changes
while we sort out a long term solution here.

I've also collected a shorter set of patches, that I expect can be
merged if they pass autobuild.  These are in merge-test-minimal

http://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/merge-test-minimal

This merges the error handling (which was already very similar).  Key
patches are:

s3-smbd ntstatus_to_dos() pulls the DOS error codes out internally
http://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=d4917eef4174c97cb064837ed3d1efaa5d2dfc78

s3-lib Remove unused dos error codes from errmap_unix
http://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=657ee6314d17d323d900e5d18be93bc7f21f2f45

lib/util Use lib/util/ms_fnmatch.c in common for gen_fnmatch()
http://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=1384d0adb9739e38032bfae4ca4dfa28ca696e8e

Let me know if you find any issues with these.

Thanks,