Regedit like GUI

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Fri Mar 25 22:08:38 MDT 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:11:52 pm Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > Setup / provision GUI for Samba (and OpenChange)
> >
> > Setting up Samba and OpenChange currently requires running quite a lot of
> > command line utilities. It should be easy for even a junior system
> > administrator to set up Samba as a Domain Controller, RODC and general
> > server.
> >
> > The windows equivalent tool is dcpromo.exe, and while you may not
> > want/need to copy it directly, it does provide a reasonable basis for
> > establishing what this tool should be able to provide (in terms of
> > outcomes).
> >
> > Some initial work (using PyQt4) is available at
> > http://gitorious.org/samba-openchange-gui-tools/samba-openchange-gui-setu
> > pbut working with that is not essential to this task.
> >    - Difficulty: Easy
> >    - Language(s): Python
> >    - Possible mentors: Brad Hards, probably others.
>
> This one is still current too. The status might have changed slightly.
> Brad, is that description still up to date?
I think it is still fairly up-to-date. I haven't touched the code lately.

However I'm not sure how much time I'll have to mentor it. So I think you'd
need to be fairly self-powered on this one. In particular, you'd already need
to have solid UI programming skills (using whatever toolkit you choose to
apply to the problem).

Brad