iconv handles

Thu Mar 24 00:24:31 MDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 04:43:58PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> The patch you saw today only appears to change source3/ code because of
> your request that changes be made to the source3 code before in that as
> requested, it changes source3 code to match what the common code will
> be, rather than simply removing it.

Thanks for that.

Still, please change the s3 piece so that those
get_iconv_convenience code don't get in the way there. This
is another example where I was not able to watch the merges
closely enough. If we use the iconv_convenience code from s3
via a deep call stack I consider this a bug that needs
fixing before we go into production with that. It must have
slipped my attention that someone moved s3 to use it, and
this is very worrying to me.

Please remove that or revert those patches, I don't want to
integrate this any deeper into s3.

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9