Patch for Adding in ldap_server, ldb the notion of request made through LDAPS

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Mar 20 06:53:52 MDT 2011

Hello All,

After noticing that we didn't return correctly referrals when doing it
through ldaps (referrals are returned like ldap:// when they should be
ldaps://), I started to look in the code and didn't find any trace of
flags that indicate whether or not the request comes from ldaps.

This commit 3fbbbedd47be60f2b1deb04140d73dcc049b00e5, flags the
information in the ldapsrv* structures.

This commit 24874162efdf78065eebf54f194e13ec8465e753, use the flags in
the ldapsrv* structure and call the ldb_set_mark function to set the
flag in the ldb_request

This commit 2bec148cb4cb130e23016509c922bb1bfc22ef2e, use the ldb flags
to format the referral accordingly.

They are present at
http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/misc_review.

Note: I'm pretty sure that this kind of information will be needed more
than once as I also faced case when windows refuse to do things over
plain ldap (ie. setting password through ldap).

Give me your impressions.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou