Vampire a Samba4 domain to Samba3?

Christian Huldt christian at solvare.se
Fri Mar 18 08:37:51 MDT 2011

Hi Mat

fre 2011-03-18 klockan 09:47 +0300 skrev Matthieu Patou:
> On 18/03/2011 05:29, Taylor, Jonn wrote:
> > On 03/17/2011 05:18 PM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> >> Hi Taylor&  Christian

> >> Well normally the replication for ldb using vampire should just work I
> >> vampirized a domain one more time with success last days.
> >>
> >> Can you resend the logs related to your pb (or point me the message).
> >> I might have just forget about it !
> >> Sorry !
> >>
> >> Matthieu.
> >>
> > Mat, I forwarded you the 2 messages that I sent you.
> >
> Yeah got them, at least one didn't ring a bell at all for me so I don't
> remember reading it ;-(.
>
> In order to have a more useful backtrace we need a real dump of samba to
> see how it was when it crashed.
> This can be done by adding:
> panic action    =       /usr/local/src/samba4/selftest/gdb_backtrace %PID%

I added that, but the problem has come up three times i six months, so I
can't really say when we get something out...

We had yet another incident today (before I added the panic action
unfortunately), the only thing I found in the log was a few entries like
this (a few entries per machine that lost connectivity to the server
that is) and not a huge build up om memory usage or anything, I assume
it was those two samba processes that didn't go away with a simple
kill...

[Fri Mar 18 13:30:06 2011 CET,
0 ../../libcli/auth/schannel_state_tdb.c:158:schannel_fetch_session_key_tdb()]
schannel_fetch_session_key_tdb: Failed to find entry with key
SECRETS/SCHANNEL/CA048