Vampire a Samba4 domain to Samba3?

timothy mcdaniel timnboys at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:23:43 MDT 2011

Hi, I can help you fix samba4 to work when it locks up, all you have to do
is enter this command: "samba -i -M single -d 20"(which is I do everytime I
start samba4, which starts samba4)(considering that samba4 is in your
path). and if it says it is already running, get the process number that
samba4 is running under, then enter this into your command prompt(which is
shell on linux), "kill samba4processnumber" which you replace
"samba4processnumber" with your samba4 process number which you got by
running the above command("samba -i -M single -d 20") which is assumming
that you have samba4 in your $PATH variable. and then once you issue the
kill command to samba4 then you just start samba4 again, and it will work as
usual(I know this is not the way you would want to do this considering that
you production machines, but it works.)

Please email me back if you have any more problems.