Unable to delete files from samba share (Windows XP x64 SP2)

okmanoj at indiatimes.com okmanoj at indiatimes.com
Thu Mar 10 01:11:26 MST 2011

Dear Volker,

I can understand the trouble :(.

Also very Sorry for troubling you more.

I have a general query about samba.

In case of delete, "NT Create AndX Request"
Samba will check if a file can be opened with a share mode (source/smbd/open.c share_conflict() API)

What is the Importance of this check? and how this API works?

In case of file deletion from Win2k3 SP2 x64  I am getting STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION error from THIS API.

I am wondering in case of readonly file share () (which can have only document) how much this is useful.

Can i disable this check by any mean? (I understand, this may be this is samba (/RFC) violation).

Regards
Manoj