change to acl_read module for supporting dirsync module

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Mar 9 14:51:11 MST 2011

On 09/03/2011 23:30, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Nadya + Ekacnet,
>
> certainly I let it up to you both to find the best solution (I'm not
> really competent here) but an internal flag sounds very good.

For me using module for inter module signaling is the way to do but I
might be wrong, I don't know !
For the flags I don't have an idea if it exists or not.
The point that nadya pointed to me is that searching for a control is
slow, which I'm not so sure at least when you have just a couple of
controls (as it's mostly the case right now).

In my patch I'm searching for the control once per request and not once
per object returned (which here could be overkill).

Instead of using a control I can use an ldb_opaque but in terms of cost
I have the impression that it's as expensive as searching for an opaque
is looping around opaque list and strcmping the different opaque names.

> I simply would like to try to remove the number of controls (see my
> RELAX discussion with abartlet & co.) which are often exposed on the
> outside and therefore also error-prone.
So am I, and for the moment this control is a DSDB one so not accessible
from ldap and only with the local:oid notation in python and ldb* tools.

Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org
Private repo      http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=summary