change to acl_read module for supporting dirsync module

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Wed Mar 9 13:41:55 MST 2011

Hi ekacnet,

your points are perfectly valid. I only wanted to make you aware of this
since using types correctly in the first place saves plenty of
corrective and possibly time-consuming patching afterwards. First you
might have to perform quite some manual lookups in the header files but
by the time you get a good heuristic which structures are handled by
which types.

I've also had some interesting discussions with Jelmer about wrong
variable typing and also he suggested me that I should raise my concern
to relevant patches. Indifferently, it is simply much nicer to have
everything typed correctly and consistently.

Cheers,
Matthias