change to acl_read module for supporting dirsync module

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Fri Mar 11 13:43:10 MST 2011

Hi Matthias,

I'm starting to clean my code and fix stuff (ie. like adding more checks).
So I'm paying attention to your remarks in anycase but
>    * I've also performed a quick review of the control implementation
>      and I've noticed some type problems:
>          o The counter variables aren't appropriate yet. LDB objects
>            are counted as "unsigned int". That means the following in
>            the downto manner: for (i >= ...num_values - 1; i !=
>            (unsigned) - 1; i--).
Ok but well that's a bit dirty don't you think so ? why not casting the
num_values to a (signed) int ? I think can safely assume that we won't
have more than 2^31 attributes in a message (well I hope ;-)).

>          o On "for (i=0; i < rmd.ctr.ctr1.count; i++) {" "i" should be
>            "uint32_t" since we are working os DSR stuff.
Ok right, in fact I added another var as i is a (un?)signed int used for
ldb_msg_element iteration (paragraph before).
>          o "functional_level" in "struct dirsync_control" should be
>            typed as "int".
>          o "addedAttributes" I would type as "unsigned int" (the same
>            as "num_elements" in LDB).
well it was a uint32_t ... but if you think it's really better

--

Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org