[vlendec at samba.org: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated]

Tue Mar 1 15:23:00 MST 2011

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply...

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:06:27PM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> I think it would be nicer to have a poll specific talloced structure,
> which contains 'int idx'.

I had thought about that. But with potentially very many fd
events I could imagine that the memory overhead becomes
significant. Both malloc and talloc add their own headers.
All that for a single int. Thus I opted for the union in the
fd event. We could also add a separate additional_int there,
but this would add overhead to the other backends.

Volker