samba4 as DC in 2008 R2 Forest

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 1 05:25:55 MST 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 11:37 +0100, Daniele Dario wrote:
> Sorry, my bad.
> As saib by Stephan Wolf in thread Joining SBS2008 Domain fails with
> samba4
> the attribute which fails has been set as isSingleValued but contains
> more than one.
> Just set it as isSingleValued = FALSE and join gone OK.

Hmm.  We thought we had a fix for this problem, but if the problem still
exists then we need to work on it some more.  Is it possible for you to
keep an environment without this change around for testing?

What functional level was your domain in?  Can you try the attached
patch?  (We only fixed one of the two codepaths involved when we thought
we fixed this a few weeks back).

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.