samba4 as DC in 2008 R2 Forest

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:46:26 MST 2011

Hi Andrew,
I changed the isSingleValued attribute for
ms-Exch-Bridgeheaded-Local-Connectors-DN-BL to FALSE but the samba-tool
join still fails.
Adding -d 1 to the samba-tool join command I get the following errors:

Analyze and apply schema objects
../source4/dsdb/schema/schema_syntax.c:1048: Unknown attributeID_id
0x000201A7
Warning: Failed to convert schema object
CN=ms-Exch-Custom-Attributes,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=local into ldb msg
../source4/dsdb/schema/schema_syntax.c:995: Unknown governsID 0x20E7835A
Warning: Failed to convert schema object
CN=ms-Exch-Private-MDB-Proxy,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=local into ldb msg
Can't continue Schema load: didn't manage to convert any objects: all
172 remaining of 2348 objects failed to convert
Join failed - cleaning up

It seems that all the ms-Exch... properties wont be recognized
(attributeID and governsID).
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Daniele.