GSoC 2011: SMB2 protocol support for CIFS Linux kernel module

Pavel Shilovsky piastryyy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:00:02 MDT 2011

Hi!

I have been busy with my university final exams but now I continue
working on my GSoC project.

The last updates are (in smb2-dev branch on the git repo I posted before):
1) New demultiplex thread patchset that do a big code cleanup and let
us integrate SMB2 support easier.
2) Add support for rmdir, rm, mkdir commands.
3) Rebased with current master for cifs-2.6 repo on git.kernel.org.

As a next step, I am going to continue working with inode/file
operations and to rethink mid structures for CIFS and SMB2.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.