(samba4) winbind "protocol"???

Wed Jun 29 15:52:17 MDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:43:48PM +0200, Gémes Géza wrote:
> Sorry for being an absolute newby again, but is there any specification
> about what calls needs a winbind implementation support (besides the
> obvious ones resulting from the parameters of wbinfo id and getent
> commands)?
> I've found references to one in
> source4/winbind/wb_samba3_protocol.c:74-206 but dunno if this is a
> complete list, or not?

Look at nsswitch/winbind_struct_protocol.h and
source3/winbindd/winbindd.c. Please be aware that we are
moving towards an API definition in
nsswitch/libwbclient/wbclient.h. Once all winbind client
code is converted to use the libwbclient, we will probably
change the struct protocol significantly. So you might be
better off coding a libwbclient compatible library.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9