Access Denied

Van Hoff, Mike mikev at goldenliving.com
Tue Jun 28 10:37:45 MDT 2011

All,

I am running 3.0.33-3.29.el5_6.2 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5
I use AD authentication for sharing directories / files.  No Printer or desktop login.

There are multiple netbios names associated with this server.
Over the past two (2) weeks, some of our processes have been getting "Access Denied" when writing files.
Ex.  Ftp process runs on a windows server under a user that has access to the samba share.  This process ftps a file from an external vendor and writed it to the unc share (\\sambaserver\share\subdir\filename.txt) but get access denied.

Now this has worked for the past year until as I stated about 2 weeks ago, and is and intermittent issue.  I cannot reproduce the error on demand, but it seems only to happen when the ftp process is running from our automation software.
The samba logs only show this " linux_release_kernel_oplock: Error when removing kernel oplock on file... "

Mike Van Hoff B.S., CISSP, MCSE, CCNA, CCDA, C|EH, OSCP, OSWP
Manager Database Admin 2
Golden Living
479.201.3850
mikev at goldenliving.com
For emergency Contact,
please call me at 918.774.5151

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:
This e-mail message and any attachment(s)  (collectively,
 this 'Email') are intended only for the confidential use of
the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient named above or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient
named above, you have received this Email in error.
Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete
this Email and any copies thereof.