Permission problem with samba 3.5.4 + vscan-vfs + RHEL6(64 bit)

Amancio Tarrito amanciotarrito at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 05:42:08 MDT 2011

Hello all,
               I am Amancio Tarrito, I have my own vscan-vfs module that is
working well with  samba 3.5.4 + RHEL6(64 bit).  But the problem is I am opening
file from my vfs module for writing some logs. But when I
fopen("/var/log/mylogfile.log", "w")    it is  saying me permission denied
opening file  '/var/log/mylogfile.log'  even though  permissions are 777 as well
as  user and group users are correct. For your information  my vfs module is
working correctly on RHEL 5.5(32 bit) accurately.
               I have also tried opening file ' mylogfile.log '  at other
locations also.  But It has been found that I can only create log file in /tmp
directory.
              Please help me.

                                                               THANKS.