cherrypick of s3-waf: stop building smbtortre4 for 3-6-test

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 15 17:37:14 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 17:44 +0200, Guenther Deschner wrote:
> Karolin,
>
> can you please revert c1ac023b588e1ca676cbbf542ca6f93aa199ad32 in
> v3-6-test ?
>
> This would remove the automatic s4 smbtorture build again in the s3 waf
> build for 3.6. Absolutely has no implications on anything else for 3.6
> but helps people testing the waf build by speeding up the build process
> a lot.

Guenther,

I'm a little confused.  Are you planning to finish the 3.6 waf build so
that a future 3.6 release will ship with both build systems?

The reason I'm concerned is that working in master, I found a number of
issues in the 'source3' parts of the waf build, particularly the thorny
issue of duplicate become_root and similar symbols.  Naturally as with
all software, anything can be fixed given enough time but I just wanted
to understand your motives and raise my concerns.

(On the flip side, the smaller binaries are very, very attractive).