The TALLOC_ wrappers.

Thu Jun 9 01:34:31 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 03:13:27PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > Sorry, meant to reply to this - +1 from me !
> >
> > > Jeremy,
> > >
> > > I've prepared a series of patches that removes the majority of these
> > > TALLOC_ wrapper functions, one patch per bulk rename.
> > >
> > > This makes the Samba codebase much more internally consistent.
> > >
> > > http://git.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/s3-talloc
> >
> > I'll try and get to this tomorrow.
>
> Would it be OK if I get Tridge to review this?  I just don't want to
> have this outstanding for too long, because I'll need to fix it up for
> every other change made under source3 in the meantime.

Now that Jeremy has acked this, I'd say that you just push
it. Jeremy was the strongest proponent of upper-case macros,
making the developers watch out for duplicate argument
evaluation. I've taken a brief look at the talloc patches in
your branch, and as they are just cut&paste of the macro
calls they look good.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9