rpc talloc errors

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Jun 9 00:32:59 MDT 2011

Hi Metze,

A multi-DC Samba4 site is getting these errors occasionally:

 ../source4/librpc/rpc/dcerpc.c:245: Type mismatch: name[struct tsocket_address_bsd] expected[struct tevent_req]
 ../source4/librpc/rpc/dcerpc.c:245: Type mismatch: name[struct tevent_immediate] expected[struct tevent_req]
 ../source4/librpc/rpc/dcerpc.c:245: Type mismatch: name[struct tevent_fd] expected[struct tevent_req]

I've had a look, but I can't see any way for this to happen. I'm
asking you about it as you have done some work in that area related to
the bh conversion of dcerpc, and I thought you may be able to spot the
cause where I can't.

The errors are quite rare - once every few days at most.

Cheers, Tridge