S4 - Last password change

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at etinternational.com
Wed Jun 1 15:06:52 MDT 2011

On 06/01/2011 04:55 PM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 02/06/2011 00:42, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Is there a way with Samba4 to see when a user last changed their
>> password?
>>
> pwdLastSet, it's also valid in Windows server.

Is that an LDAP field?  If not, how do I get to that variable?

> It's in micro second I think this it's since 1/1/1600. I use a perl
> script to format it so you have to remove 11644473600 to get the
> number of second (roughly because I think I don't count the number of
> leap seconds) since 1/1/1900.
>
> Basically it's:
>
> gmtime(pwdLastSet / 1000000 - 11644473600).
>

>> I'm looking to migrate all of our users to S4 and thought the best
>> way was to email the users a temporary password with the URL to a
>> web-based password change form and monitor the date of the last
>> password change.
> Don't get the interest ? can you develop ?

Not sure what you mean.  Currently we have mostly linux desktops, some
mac users and some windows users.  We use dovecot / postfix as our mail
services (which don't have any password changing capabilities like MS
Exchange).  I'm going to be using Likewise Open for the linux / mac
users.  And I need to get all users onto S4 from local passwords with
minimal disruption.

Thanks,
Brian