S4 - Last password change

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Jun 1 14:55:25 MDT 2011

On 02/06/2011 00:42, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a way with Samba4 to see when a user last changed their
> password?

pwdLastSet, it's also valid in Windows server.

It's in micro second I think this it's since 1/1/1600. I use a perl
script to format it so you have to remove 11644473600 to get the number
of second (roughly because I think I don't count the number of leap
seconds) since 1/1/1900.

Basically it's:

gmtime(pwdLastSet / 1000000 - 11644473600).

> I'm looking to migrate all of our users to S4 and thought the best way
> was to email the users a temporary password with the URL to a
> web-based password change form and monitor the date of the last
> password change.
Don't get the interest ? can you develop ?

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org