Review on crackname patch

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Jul 30 15:08:47 MDT 2011

Hello Metze & Tridge,

Can one of you have a look on the first patch and check the resolution.
The problem is that Samba didn't manage without this patch to do a
crackname on name that are related to deleted objects.
I found this problem when debuging a replication problems on a server
with deleted objects.

This problem can quite easily be checked:

1) locate the guid of the "Deleted objects container on a Windows DC
2) Run:
  python source4/scripting/devel/crackname ip_server -U administrator
--name='{objectGUID}'
3) See that Windows return something
4) locate the guid of the "Deleted Objects" on a samba DC
5) Run:
  python source4/scripting/devel/crackname ip_server_samba -U
administrator --name='{objectGUID2}'
6) See that samba return None + status name not resolved

After applying my patch step 5 returns a correct DN.

Note: the crackname script is in the second patch.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org