s3:torture: use lp_load_global() in pdbtest - this does not need shares nor IPC$

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Jul 29 05:38:21 MDT 2011

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 13:21 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> > The branch, master has been updated
> >        via  0ad8c12 s3:modules:nfs4_acls: improve fix for bug #8330
> >        via  7b7c6c8 s3:torture: use lp_load_global() in pdbtest - this does not need shares nor IPC$
>
> Thanks for sorting these out.  Loadparm will be much clearer with the
> tools using the correct, simpler entry points.

you will have noticed that this series of patches was roughly
inspired by some changes that you proposed some time ago.

But I did not get to work over it until now, and so I simply
redid them, taking the time to review each caller.

I hope to find the time to (at least) start working on the more
substantial changes to loadparm (s3 for a start) I mentioned in
a previous mail next week. (I.e. introducing a context for the
global variables and separating parsing end activating by introducing
a libsmbconf backend to flatten out the parsed config files.)

Cheers - Michael