[MAC Lion] smbclient "Open AndX Request->STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED"

okmanoj okmanoj at indiatimes.com
Fri Jul 29 02:29:15 MDT 2011

Dear Samba Team,

Currently I am testing samba (smbclient) operation with  and MAC Lion.

I tried  smbclient "\\\\ipaddressofmac\sharedfolder" (with full permission
for shared folder)

When I tried "put" command in smbclient prompt, SMB returned
"NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED" for "Open AndX Request", Please see
"MACLionvsSamba-3.5.5-68.fc14.pcap"

However When I copying file with windows to MAC Lion I am not able to see
"Open AndX Request" however I can see"NT Create AndX Request" and file copy
succeeded Please see "winvsLion.pcap".

I have also attached smbclient loglevel 100 Please see "smblog100-III.log"

Please help me understanding this problem.

I have also uploaded logs in below path
http://www.box.net/shared/eam8qp31sd3m76s0kuu4

Thanks
Manoj