[GSoC] Weekly report - Gui complete , New Branch

Dhananjay Sathe dhananjaysathe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 05:13:46 MDT 2011

Hello everyone,

This week went as planned , i finished up the base gui and most of the
related functions . I should soon have a working fully functional tool
ready.
Now i need to link the GUI and the various callbacks i have created, once i
finish with the few remaining functions/callbacks.

Here are the screen-shots:

   -
   https://gitorious.org/samba-gtk-frequent-personal/samba-gtk-merged/blobs/master/gsoc-2011-extras/screenshots/base-gui-1.png
   -
   https://gitorious.org/samba-gtk-frequent-personal/samba-gtk-merged/blobs/master/gsoc-2011-extras/screenshots/base-gui-2.png

They need some more polishing , and are a few changes behind, PLEASE let me
know what you think , and suggest any changes that come to your mind.

A very good learning experioence i had this week was to do with git. This
week was that i reformatted my repo to match the pattern of the samb-gtk
upstream repo.
the next step was a little complicated , i had to merge both the remote
repos onto a new repo on gitorious ,as i dont have accesss to
git.samba.orgto simply fork it and gitorious does not allow external
imports directly.
(upstream hosted on git.samba.org and mine on gitorious.) and maintain all
history and commit logs of both
 After a lot of different  approaches i successfully merged them by irst
pulling the originall , than adding my code as a new branch and then merging
them together to get a complete repo with all history and properties from
both parents ;)

The complete updated and merged repo now sits at

   -
   https://git.gitorious.org/samba-gtk-frequent-personal/samba-gtk-merged.git
   - git://gitorious.org/samba-gtk-frequent-personal/samba-gtk-merged.git

All future commits will now be made on the above as well as usual at :

   -
   https://git.gitorious.org/samba-gtk-frequent-personal/samba-gtk-frequent-personal.git
   - git://
   gitorious.org/samba-gtk-frequent-personal/samba-gtk-frequent-personal.git

PLEASE Keep the comments , suggestions , and ideas and brickbats coming . It
will make sure I  don't leave any stone unturned, and that, will be key in
having a complete and successful project and software.

Cheers !!!

Dhananjay Deepak Sathe | +919764871950
dhananjaysathe at gmail.com,f2009260 at bits-goa.ac.in
Blog : http://dsathe.blogspot.com
2nd Year Undergraduate,
BE(Hons) Electronics and Instrumentation,
BITS Pilani Goa Campus.