Samba4 "REWRITE: list servers not implemented" / No ADMIN$ Share / No AD DC

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Jul 17 08:11:26 MDT 2011

On 17/07/2011 17:54, Ted Salmon wrote:
> Matthieu -
>
> Yes I did. In fact that was the guide I used for the entire installation.
> I'd also like to note that I can connect to the netlogon share locally
> and from a windows box:
>
> root at NETS1-TEST:~# smbclient //localhost/netlogon -Uadministrator%
> Unknown parameter encountered: "announce as"
> Ignoring unknown parameter "announce as"
> smb: \>  ls
>   . D 0 Sun Jul 17 04:12:32 2011
>   .. D 0 Sun Jul 17 04:12:32 2011
>
> I was checking out the install and found the following in my quicktest summary:
> http://pastebin.com/jWMed2GN

Well I noticed this:

 1.
    == samba4.smb.signing on with -k no --signing=off(plugin_s4_dc) ==
 2.
    ERROR: Testsuite[samba4.smb.signing on with -k no
    --signing=off(plugin_s4_dc)]
 3.
    REASON: unable to set up environment plugin_s4_dc - exiting

That's not a too good news.

I must confess that slakeware is not tested so corner case on this
distro might happen.

The best is to try to make a trace between your windows server and
samba4 while trying to join, see
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets

And send me the capture.

Matthieu