Samba 4.0 DNS configuration

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 01:39:32 MDT 2011

On 07/07/2011 12:13 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> The issue here is that the name that nsupdate requests a ticket to is
> not in Samba's sam.ldb.  As I mentioned in my previous mail, this name
> is derived from that first line (the SOA) of the zone.
>
> Can you look there and see how it differs from your working servers?
> Did you upgrade to BIND 9.8?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I am running Fedora 15, which reports bind-9.8.0-5.P2.fc15.x86_64.

$ORIGIN .
$TTL 604800     ; 1 week
domain IN SOA Hostname.domain. hostmaster.domain. (

The capitalization is accurate here.

As best as I can tell the systems are identical other than samba data
and the obvious domain name stuff.

dns-hostname exists in sam.ldb. It gives
servicePrincipalName: DNS/hostname.domain
servicePrincipalName: DNS/hostname.domain

Reverse dns is correct. I did have to renumber the ip addresses on this
machine, but as best as I can tell all forward and reverse dns is
correct. No left overs.

Thank you for any suggestions. I am not seeing anything in bind logs
that helps.
Trever
--
"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve
neither security nor liberty." -- Benjamin Franklin