[Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.0pre2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 28 15:20:59 MST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 08:50 +0100, Karolin Seeger wrote:

> We do really need to schedule 3.6.0pre2 and the following releases asap.

Karolin,

If we were to make a 3.6.0pre2 release in the soon, can you suggest what
the release dates and remind me what the rules would be?

The reason I ask is that I've looked but couldn't find the guide for
what changes are acceptable when, and 3.6 is currently being developed
in master.  That is, v3-6-test is getting all the changes from master,
bar changes only in source4/, to make cherry-pick easier.

This is great for ensuring we don't miss features in master that enter
3.6, but I've been asked to avoid making changes in master that would
make 3.6 development more difficult while it is still in open
development, and I need to understand what impact that would have.

That is: when in the release cycle will 3.6 be locked down?

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.