kill security=share and security=server

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Thu Jan 27 12:12:22 MST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
>> I vote against this. With a 4.0 release, yes, but not with a
>> minor 3.x release.
>
> Ok, fine by me.

Although maybe start right away with the message that it _really is
deprecated_ and that it _really will be removed_ soon.

On another subject it would be great to do the same thing with
smb.conf parameter aliases. With all of the aliases it makes smb.conf
files non-standard and sometimes confusing. I've even come across many
where the alias and primary parameters are intermingled. Add a message
to testparm, to the logs, etc. and then finally do away with the
aliases.

Chris