Fw: Samba 4 - very long login time on Windows 7

fatman fatman at crackmonkey.us
Sun Jan 23 06:48:47 MST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 01:15:49 +0300
Matthieu Patou <mat at samba.org> wrote:
> It seems that you are using roaming profiles, have you made the test
> without ?

No. I can make a user without a profile. Will that do or do I need
to disable profiles completely?

> And also the trace shows no activity on the network between 0:50  to
> 6:08, do you have anything suspect in the windows logs ?

The only suspect thing in the Windows logs is events 6005 and 6006, as
mentioned previously. It's almost as if the login halts completely
between each 6005/6006 pair.

> Also it seems that the trace is not complete, can you make a trace
> from the moment when the workstation boot ?

That's right, I only started the log when the client was at the login
screen. I'll get a new one from boot this time.

Btw, the command I'm using is "sudo tcpdump -p -s 0
-w /root/file.pcap port 445 or port 139 -i eth0", which is almost
per the page you linked, except that I had to specify the interface
as it didn't work without.

-----

Ok, the log is at the same URL:
> > https://dreamtrack.dnsalias.com/downloads/login-trace.7z

This time it contains a trace from boot plus Windows event log, once
with a profile and once without (because I logged in the wrong user
first time :P). I've included the event log in various formats since I
don't know which will be most useful.

Regards,
Adam J Richardson