Fw: Samba 4 - very long login time on Windows 7

Gianni L slowsin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 15:41:20 MST 2011

>>> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:02:09 +0000

I've got a similar issue with a W7 client on a W2K domain.. there was
a problem with the W2K GPO's I needed to to put the W7 client in a new
OU with a fresh made GPO..

another issue was with samba4 and a WXP client on centos.. but there
the problem was a wrong configured iptables script.. totally my fault
that time..

> It seems that you are using roaming profiles, have you made the test without
> ?

sometimes on roaming profiles the issue could be a non correctly
working folder redirection.. yeah.. I catched users with several gigs
on the desktop.. XD

> And also the trace shows no activity on the network between 0:50  to  6:08,
> do you have anything suspect in the windows logs ?

this long pause could be a a cause of the firewall setup.. but I'm
really not sure if I am supposing it right

G.