mapping SYNCHRONIZE permission in NTFS ACL for ZFS

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Jan 12 21:17:53 MST 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, J. Bruce Fields wrote:

> That sounds like a ZFS bug to me....  I've verified in the past that
> their NFSv4 server always set SYCHRONIZE by default--I suppose that could
> have been a hack in their NFSv4 server, or they could have changed the
> behavior since then.  Either would be strange.

Hmm, I don't know what it used to do, but we've used the NFSv4 server on
top of zfs since Solaris 10 update 6, and I've never seen the sync bit set
unless there was a windows box involved via samba... I'm not sure what the
in-kernel CIFS server does under OpenSolaris/Solaris Express.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768