Buildfarm Freebds

Wed Jan 5 01:26:29 MST 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 02:02:01PM +1030, Indexer wrote:
> I am just looking at some more to do with samba and your
> build farm. I have noticed two obvious glaring issues. The
> first is that your Freebsd is 7.2, which is no longer
> supported ( you should move up to 7.3 which is legacy prd)
>
> The other is the lack of 8.1 FreeBSD machines. Is there a
> specific reason for this absence?

No, there isn't. The build farm boxes are provided by
volunteers. We (SerNet in this case) run quite a few boxes,
but many are run by people with no other link to Samba than
just the build farm box. Nobody so far has put up a FreeBSD
8.1 box and offered it to us.

It's pretty easy to set up such a box, see

http://build.samba.org/instructions.html

Essentially you need a box with some juice that can rsync
out, that's all. If you have a very obscure platform
(FreeBSD certainly is not that...), at times it might be
extremely helpful if you could let a developer look at the
box directly, but that's rare.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9