"a script for backuping production provision" [Was: Samba 4.0.0 alpha 14 "randomdata"]

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Jan 4 10:11:11 MST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 19:16 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 04/01/2011 18:34, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 01:44 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> >> a script for backuping production provision
> > I assume this is source4/scripting/bin/samba_backup ? [since the script
> > isn't named]
> >
> > Used like -
> > source4 $ scripting/bin/samba_backup /opt/ad/samba4 /tmp
> Yeah something like that although I'm not sure that /tmp is the best way
> to save your provision ...
>
> Is it working ?
It seems to assume /usr/local/samba and the directories under that
rather than the actual directories the user is using (which may be in
entirely different locations). Could we get it to use the related
smb.conf options?

It also seems rather arbitrary to update the sysvol share contents but
not the contents of any of the other shares.

Cheers,

Jelmer