Joining samba4 to domain as PDC

Michael Wichers mwichers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 17:17:11 MST 2011

setting up
the configuration for dynamic DNS manually will be fiddly, but not
impossible).

I do not mind attempting this, but what about the primary domain
controller?  If I'm put in a situation where I have a domain, and the only
dc existing for this domain is a backup dc, and it holds all of the
information for the domain, is it possible to bring up a new box as a new
primary dc for this existing domain, or am i stuck with a domain, I can no
longer join new devices/usernames to?