Samba 4 functional levels

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Fri Feb 25 12:03:50 MST 2011

Aaron,

this command should work:
> ./samba-tool domainlevel raise --domain=2008
> Domain function level changed!
> All changes applied successfully!
Just to be sure: is your s4 version recent enough (I mean at maximum
some months old)?

Otherwise you could just try to perform the raise manually. This means
with an adequate LDAP tool you have to:

- Under <base DN> set "msDS-Behavior-Version" to 3
- Under CN=<short domainname>, CN=Partitions, CN=Configuration, <base
DN> set "msDS-Behavior-Version" to 3

Cheers,
Matthias