samba3 raw.mux smtorture test is flaky

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Feb 24 12:40:35 MST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 03:24:54PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> I've pushed an update to the s3 selftest system, and it is now much more
> reliable.  During one of my tests, I found that raw.mux isn't reliable,
> and failed for me with the output I include below.
>
> It does not always fail, but I'm sure you want to move this back into
> the selftest as soon as possible.  Is there any chance you can look over
> this?

Ok, I'm taking a look at this and I can't get it to fail (10-20 repititions).
Any hints as to why it's unreliable for you ?

I'm getting repeatable failures on samba3.smbtorture_s3.plain(dc).TORTURE.smbtorture
on my laptop, which don't show up in autobuild :-(. So our tests still aren't
where we need them to be yet :-).

Jeremy.