Python bindings for keytab manipulation

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Feb 17 18:31:08 MST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 11:21 +0000, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
> 15 feb 2011 kl. 12.48 skrev Matthieu Patou:
>
> > I normally address most of your remarks (all ??) I moved away from talloc so that we don't rely too much on "samba" stuff so that it can be quite easily spin out or attached to some other project (heimdal).
> >
> > It's at the misc_review of my repo.
> >

> > Love, are you interested having python bindings in heimdal to manipulate keytab ?
>
> Matthieu,  I don't know where the best location to to make use/maintainership easy.
Heimdal seems the best location to make use easy, because it means
people can use the bindings without using Samba.

I'm not sure what the best place for it is to make maintainership easy,
and who would best be ultimately responsible.

Another option would be to have a separate project with Heimdal-related
Python bindings that gets pulled into Samba, though that also has its
drawbacks - quite a bit more overhead.

Cheers,

Jelmer