Pseudo file system with Samba

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Feb 10 18:50:56 MST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:19:09PM -0500, Satish Chandra Kilaru wrote:
> Thank you. Your words are music to my ears. :-)

No problem. Your module must create a POSIX-style
interface, where you handle open/close/read/write/pread/pwrite
etc.

Look into the files inside the examples/VFS directory
in your Samba source code for skeleton modules you
can base your work on, and inside source3/modules/
for practical modules that we depend on inside
Samba in everyday use.

To use a module, check out the "vfs objects ="
parameter in smb.conf.

Note that as VFS modules are derived from Samba
code and depend on it, they much be licensed GPLv3.

Good luck !

Jeremy.