samba_dnsupdate and multiple interfaces

brendan powers brendan0powers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:35:51 MDT 2011

I'm running bind 9.7.3 and I have DNS and dynamic updates configured
and working. The problem is that when samba does it's DNS updates, it
adds a lot of extra addresses to the zone. I have manually edited the
samba_dnsupdate script to only use the correct IP, and that has fixed
things for now.  However, I'm wondering why samba_dnsupdate is set up
to work this way.