[TDB] Patches for file and memory usage growth issues

simo idra at samba.org
Thu Apr 14 07:31:49 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 14:46 +0930, Rusty Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:22:33 +0930, Rusty Russell <rusty at samba.org> wrote:
> > I'll test that now and give you a fresh tree, sorry!
>
> OK, this time for sure!
>
> http://git.samba.org/?p=rusty/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tdb-repack
>
> Now, the final patch might be a bad idea, so I've separated it out.
> It's probably what's making things slow, so I'd test without it first.
>
> I haven't merged your expand size logic patch yet, so feel free to
> push that to master whenever you want.
>
> The following changes since commit af45636166c7a0cb87630105d18ce489e7391525:
>
>   Fix bug 8072 - PANIC: create_file_acl_common frees handle two times. (2011-04-09 02:05:15 +0200)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.samba.org/rusty/samba.git tdb-repack

Thanks Rusty, I am going to do a quick test of these today.
Meanwhile, very quickly, by removing the _PUBLIC_ label from
tdb_repack() you are changing the ABI, please adjust your patch to keep
tdb_repack() public as I test for its presence in my sssd configure
tests, and without the function it fails to build.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce