Fwd: samba upgrade provision error

Andrew Shinkarchuck adriano32.gnu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 04:59:11 MDT 2011

Hi, Matthieu!
It seams to me, I have wrote about similar issue, as Hesam Mohamadian has

>>Error : your netbios name must not be equal to your dns name
>>my netbios name: ITSDC
>>my DNS : ITSDC.UM.AC.IT

in this thread
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-November/074886.html

But i havent received answer that time
Furthermore, i have found following article in knowledge base of MS
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909264
There are some restrictions in that article. I think Hesams's problem is
described there.
If i'm wrong, could you (or anybody else) explain why.

Best regards, Andrew Shinkarchuck.