new Kerberos tests in Samba3

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 5 14:45:38 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 16:31 +0200, Guenther Deschner wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 04/04/2011 01:32 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > The branch, master has been updated
> >         via  a3ef974 s3-rpc_server Remove comment, yes the key is correct.
> >         via  77e6716 s3-auth consolidate create_local_token() into make_server_info_krb5()
> >         via  841d0bc s3-selftest Remove more instances of /tmp in test_smbclient_s3.sh
> >         via  6351dee s3-selftest Add testing of kerberos login
> >         via  55134c9 s4-credentials Add a command line hook to set the kerberos credentials cache
> >         via  ffb6003 s3-selftest Disable log rotation in 'make test'
> >        from  513574a talloc - some documentation changes
> >
> > http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
> >

> Wow, that is great stuff! Finally we have some security=ads testing on
> the buildfarm! the only problem is that the ktest tests fail quite
> often, I tried to nail down the problem using
>
> SMBD_OPTIONS=-d10 make test TESTS=lookupsids FAIL_IMMEDIATELY=1 VALGRIND=1
>
> but the failure seem not to happen when running under valgrind, do you
> have any other idea ? If we don't catch it, we should mark the kerberos
> tests knownfail for now probably.

Can you give me what details you have of the failure?

I ran it here often, and got it past autobuild, so I'll need some
clues.

There is only one thing I came across in my testing: a failure to
contact a newly running server in the test environment.  This change
requires that it contact the server by name, not IP, and so if nmbd
isn't fast enough, or smbd hasn't really started in time, then we could
have problems.

Perhaps that's the issue?  Samba4 puts some 'nmblookup' calls in the
server starting code to ensure things are up and going in it's selftest.